February 2020. Israel.
The COMBAR was born out of our founders personal need as adventurers and serving for over 20 years in the Israeli Elite Forces. They were looking for the one tool that could easily be carried and would give them the confidence to deal with whatever they would encounter. There were different types of tools on the market but none that met our founders’ standards.
In 2014, they decided to focus on developing the tool that they wanted – at an uncompromised level of design, materials, and functionality. They set up ACLIM8, raised capital and recruited for the project a team of expert adventurers, engineers, metallurgists, industrial designers, graphic designers, and artists.
After three years of research, experimentation and ten generations of prototypes, ACLIM8 created an entirely new category in pioneering. COMBAR was born as an elite adventurer tool. In April 2018, ACLIM8 unveiled the COMBAR to the world. Consumers could pre-order the COMBAR via a Kickstarter campaign. People who shared our vision and values ordered hundreds of COMBARs and thousands of accessories in approximately $250K. All COMBARs were shipped in 2019, without a single return, making it a complete success.
The next two years were spent in the transition from product design to mass production. This included vendor selection, QC, assembly lines and user experience testing. Immediately, we began to get contacts from military units, law enforcement agencies, and Search and Rescue forces from around the world who are currently testing the COMBAR as an essential part of the kit for their teams.
The COMBAR is proudly made in Israel. True, it is high priced, because there is no way to create a high-quality, fully-functional, powerful tool otherwise. We know that like us, there are other adventurers in the world for whom elite gear is priceless.
The COMBAR™ was designed for outdoor adventures: overlanding, camping, fishing, hunting, as well as emergency preparedness and survivalist essentials. Versatile and rugged, COMBAR™ offers the following features:
- High end materials: Made with aircraft grade aluminum, stainless steel, glass-reinforced nylon and titanium
- Safety: State-of-the-art safety mechanisms for your protection
- Lightweight: The Pro toolset weighs only 1.5 kilos/3.3 lbs
- Ergonomic: Feels even better than it looks with balanced weight for extended use
- Designed for durability: Put through hundreds of field tests in extreme conditions
- A 25-year warranty: Provides decades of use
- A Red Dot design award winner that “combines sophisticated ideas for sensible use in nature with optimum handling”
For more info, visit: www.aclim8.com.
For high-res images: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xokM5lABCvf9kjVI4RaimRSAwM0tD4hM